Friday, April 10, 2015

How to Substitute Oil in Cold Process Recipes

I have been a melt and pour soap maker since 2003 but I have taken classes through The Nova Studio.  I have not ventured out on making cold process soap yet, but on Monday I went to Fremont to purchase some Soap Quick from Mission Peak Soap. Soap Quick is a blend of oils that I can combine with lye and create a bar of soap. I thought this might be a good idea to try the cold process method for the first time.  I know that if I try a recipe that I would have to stick to the recipe until I feel more comfortable with subing oils.  If you are comfortable with making cold process soap and are brave to subing oils in recipes and want to learn how to do this, The Soap Queen has a post called How to Substitute Oil in Cold Process Soap.

No comments: